Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Catching Up

Although I haven't posted regularly on this blog, I've continued praying for those who've made their needs known to me. I hope to be more diligent about posting them here as well.

Last weekend I attended a writing conference in Indianapolis, and am excited to start working toward some of my writing goals with a clearer idea of what editors are looking for. One topic I learned more about is how to write devotionals. I've submitted some to magazines but have not had any of them published. I hope to change that, so I may practice by posting an occasional devotional here--probably on Sundays.

This week, I need to keep the following people in my prayers:

Gizzie is having surgery to remove some lymph nodes on Wednesday.

Billy has prostate cancer, and sees the doctor this week regarding possible surgery.

Ann goes for a colonoscopy, and we're hoping for a good outcome.

Deb's sister-in-law, Marilyn, needs another biopsy.

Denise is worried about the things her daughter is being taught in school, which are making her doubt her faith.

Sandy's daughter has something wrong with her, but doctors haven't been able to determine a diagnosis.

Bob, age 17, has a problem with drugs, and has been asked to leave the place he'd been staying. He is on his way back to his parent's home, and they are concerned about how to handle the situation.

Sally is awaiting possible heart valve replacement.

Brooke, age 9, is awaiting test results to find out why she has severe pain in her hands and feet. She now also has a rash that doctors can't explain. Her parents aren't handling the situation very well.

Sally's sister is coming for a visit, but has an antagonistic attitude that threatens the family bond.

Jenny was scheduled for hip surgery to relieve the pain from a congenital hip defect, but her husband's insurance has lapsed and they don't have the money to reinstate it. She may not be allowed to have the surgery.

Olivia has sleep problems, which may be nuerological in nature. She was born in April.

Julie had heart problems last week, and now has spots showing up on her lungs and liver, as well as fluid around her heart.

Bev is having kneee surgery on Friday.

Jean is worried about driving the 80 miles to O'Hare alone to pick up her son.

Marlene asks for travelling mercies as she and her niece drive to Branson.

Praises:
Joi finally got an appointment at Mayo Clinic to determine why she has the problem with her vision.

Alycia got a part in a college play and it seems to be helping her attitiude toward school.

Brooke and Chris got straight As in school this grading period.

I met some wonderful people this weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed my trip.


Dear God, we thank you for the help you are willing and able to provide to meet these needs. Help each of us to face whatever comes our way with the knowledge that you are there with the solution, guiding us to the right decision when we put our trust in you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment