Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010

I've certainly been away awhile, but feel compelled to post an update here before moving on to other things this morning. Hope no one has missed reading my posts. :)

Speaking of hope, here's a great verse that I find uplifting when life feels dark and gloomy:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13, NIV

This was a comfort to me when I was undergoing treatment for breast cancer in 1995. It continues to be one of my favorite verses as it reassures me that no matter what I'm facing, God will provide the hope I need to sustain me.

Notice that this says God will FILL me with ALL joy and peace, not just give me a little to get by. I don't have to do anything but trust in Him, He does it all through the Holy Spirit. Of course, the verse starts out saying "May" this happen, but I believe that's just because if we don't do our part by trusting Him, He won't necessarily fill us up with joy and peace. How could He if our hearts aren't open to be filled? If negativity and worry are already taking up all our spiritual space, there won't be room for anything else.

So, dump those worries right out of your heart and mind, leaving space for the wonderful things God has waiting for you. All you need to do is trust Him, and he will give you what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment